With so many detox facilities nationwide that offer similar services, there are many benefits from starting your recovery journey in Southern California.
Participating in detox is the first step in addiction recovery. Detox provides 24 hour medical care, individual and group recovery and case management services to help individuals identify personalized aftercare plans. In addition to standardized medical detox and recovery support, Victory Detox offers holistic, spiritual, therapeutic and nutritional services.
Regardless of where you live, it may be beneficial to consider starting your recovery journey in Southern California. Southern California has the largest addiction recovery community in the nation.
Some of the reasons to consider getting sober in Southern California include:
- Certification versus licensure. California provides for certification and accreditation in addition to licensure. Research has shown that programs in states that offer certification and accreditation, as opposed to just licensure, provide more group counseling, family involvement, integrated collaborative services and continued care after detox.
- Strong recovery community. California is made up of a diverse population of residents who struggle with drug addiction and alcoholism at a higher rate than the rest of the nation. In 2015, nearly 14% of Californians reported using illicit drugs in the preceding month as compared to the national average of about 10%. Since mental health issues often occur with other addictions and one out of six addicts suffer from a co-occurring mental health disorders, addiction detox and treatment within the state has become as diverse as its population to meet the need.
- Receiving detox from facilities in California is useful for both residents and non-residents. Those who live in California may benefit from staying local as therapists and family members are close by and can be actively involved in the detox and discharge planning process. Those who live out of state, may find that leaving their community is a good idea. Seeking detox in California means leaving behind their current environment that has triggers and offers a clean slate where individuals can form new, positive habits and improve anonymity.
- Warmer locations prove beneficial. The California climate encourages outdoor activities and exposure to vitamin D sunlight which has been reported to help combat depression.
- Environment and attractions. After detox, individuals often transition to treatment locally. California’s landscape provides unique opportunities. Access to beaches, mountains and/or the desert are all within a drivable distance.
- Recovery Community. There are over 10,000 self-help support groups in Southern California on a weekly basis. It is one of the few states that offer alternative 12-step programs such as Marijuana Anonymous and Crystal Meth Anonymous.
Victory Detox Center is available for you
24 hours a day 7 days a week at